Data and Sources
The following are some of the data I have on Cushings who may be related to our own.
- Cushings in the "Index to Baptism and Marriage Register of the Parish of Galbally and Aherlow 1810-1899 A.D."
- Printout of Cushings in some parish registers in southern Tipperary County.
- Cushings in the parish register of St. Mary's Catholic Church, Portage, Columbia Co., Wisconsin.
- Land owners on 1873 plat map of Ft. Winnebago (map, too)
- Cushings buried in the Portage cemetery, Portage, Columbia Co., Wisconsin.
- Compiled index to "Early Arapahoe", by John Stevens: Index of names and Table of contents and photos. Anecdotal history of Arapahoe, Furnas Co., Nebraska.
- 1893 letter from William Helman and petitions signed by "some of the oldest and best citizens" in the Arapahoe and Cambridge areas, sent to the governor of the state of Washington, asking for the release of Francis Cushing. ( pdf image and text transcript )
- Census records
- Other Cushings, Cussens, Cushens, etc. from the general region where Limerick, Tipperary, & Cork counties meet, that may be related, but whose connection to our family is not known. This data was gathered from correspondance, census records, messages posted on the WWW, LDS records, church registers, or any other records that have come to my attention. If you have a Cushing/Cussen/Cushen from this area that you would like to add to this database, please send me the data and source information.